Help Me Grow Yolo County Community Outreach Coordinator–Bilingual
Location: Woodland, CA
Duration: Full time
Application deadline: Until filled, ASAP
About Children’s Therapy Center:
Founded in 1993, The Northern California Children’s Therapy Center (CTC) is a nonprofit organization committed to a mission that no child should go through life with a disability that could be aided or prevented through early intervention. CTC provides multidisciplinary services including: physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, and Infant Development Program. CTC serves all children aged birth through 21 years, regardless of their ability to pay. CTC is a 501c3 (TIN: 68-0309705) governed by a volunteer Board of Directors comprised of community member and parents. CTC is also the proud home of Help Me Grow Yolo County (HMGYC)
HMGYC is funded by First 5 Yolo County and Yolo County Health and Human Services. The mission of HMGYC is to promote healthy development for every child in our community by providing free developmental screenings and connecting families birth through 5 to community resources.
HMGYC Community Outreach Coordinator (Spanish speaking) provides professional outreach, coordination, case management, and collaboration with target populations in Yolo County which may include, but not limited to: parents & families, community & government agencies, school districts, medical providers, daycare providers, and preschools. Participates in program data collection and reporting
Minimum Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Master’s in public health, child development, education, social work, or related filed. (Bachelor’s degree candidate with 5+ year experience will be considered).
- Must speak Spanish
- Five years of related experience
- Working knowledge of child development
- Working knowledge of CA early education systems, interventions, and referral pathways
- Working knowledge of state and federal education regulations
- Working knowledge of medical systems, interventions, and referral pathways
- Working knowledge of Yolo County’s support services, systems, & resources for children and families
- Excellent verbal presentation skills
- Strong team player with excellent collaboration skills
- Intermediate knowledge with MS Word, Outlook, ad MS Excel
- Proficiency with databases
- Proficient in use of social media platforms (i.e. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to work in a busy work environment
- Excellent tactful communication skills, including interpersonal, and written
- Able to work independently, manage multiple projects and follow-through
- Able to maintain confidentiality regarding clients, families and organizational operations
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide trainings and outreach to the communities of Woodland, Davis, West Sacramento and all Rural Areas to ensure that these communities are aware of HMGYC and participating in referrals for service and screenings
- Attend community events and meetings to represent HMGYC
- Identify, recruit, and develop new community partners participating in HMGYC’s programming
- Provide trainings about HMGYC, resources, and screenings to community and partner agencies
- Identify and develop resource materials for families and community partners
- Assist in development of marketing and program materials
- Participate in and/or support weekly community playgroups
- Administer screenings as needed
- Enter all screening data into screening and data management system
- Process screening results
- Interpret results—collaborate with CTC for developmental consult as needed
- Return results to parents, agencies, or physicians
- Prepare developmental resource handouts that correlate to 1) current developmental concerns OR 2) age of the child with next developmental stages.
- Prepare and execute referrals to community resources
- Discuss results and referrals with any appropriate parties (i.e. parents, physicians, teachers, etc.)
- Track child’s participation in programming and provide appropriate follow up
- Serve as an integral part of the HMGYC team to provide seamless service, screening, resource and referral to all families in Yolo County.
- Serve as a collaborative member of CTC’s multidisciplinary team providing a continuum of care for children & families in Yolo County
- Create pathways and protocols that meet the requirements of varying community partners requirements for successful participation in HMG.
- Identify local community resources in Davis, West Sacramento, and Clarksburg for child development supports.
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Track all interactions and results in data reporting system
- Demonstrate understanding of required data points, collection, reporting, and their connection programming
- Assist with data reporting, as needed
- Performs other duties or special projects, as assigned.
The incumbent works in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions and limited quiet time. Incumbent must sustain concentration, follow a set of procedures and organize own work. Work requires precise detail and adherence to project deadlines. Work requires constant collaboration and work as part of a dynamic team.
60K-70K Depending on experience
Email resumes and inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org