Northern California Children’s Therapy Center is looking for a highly motivated individual to provide one-on-one instruction for children with autism, ages 1-5 years old, who are enrolled in our Early Start Denver Model (ESDM) program. This is a PART-TIME JOB opportunity to work in clinic and community environments, as part of a therapeutic team of licensed therapists and behavioral specialists.
Hours, Availability, & Compensation:
- 20-25 hours per week over at least 3-4 days
- Paid sick & vacation
- Work hours typically between 8am-5pm
- $16-$20 per hour, based on experience
- Training for this position is extensive so a one-year commitment is required
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to Christina.Michel@ctchelpskids.org
- Implement individualized instructional programs based on the principles of Early Start Denver Model (ESDM)
- Teach developmental skills to children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Follow and implement ESDM therapy plan by targeting goals with consistency and fidelity
- Collect accurate and reliable data in 15-20 min increments during a session
- Complete documentation following therapy sessions
- Receive supervision from Early Start Denver Model certified therapists/clinical supervisors
- Comply with the organization’s administrative and clinical policies
- Minimum of 12 semester hours of college coursework and currently enrolled in a course of study leading to an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in psychology, education, social work, behavioral sciences, human development or related fields; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Basic understanding of early intervention principles & child development
- Experience in working with young children and/or children with special needs; 1 year work experience in related area preferred.
- Reliable transportation
- Must complete Livescan applicant fingerprinting and background check procedure
- Ability to work independently
- Proof of current vaccination and TB testing.
Minimum Physical and Mental Demands:
- Must stand, sit, twist, kneel, bend over, crouch, walk, spring (in the event of client elopement), and sit/play on the floor for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 40 lbs. without assistance from another adult
- Act or react to behaviors in appropriate manner
- Must be able to serve culturally, linguistically, and socially diverse families